Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jalapeno oil burn help please???

I cut jalapenos today for salsa, now my hand is on fire!!! How do I stop the acid from burning me?? I've tried washing, baking soda, epsom salts, milk soak, lidocaine sunburn relief gel, lanacane spray, NOTHING WORKS!!!!! I even did what webmd said and tried to soak in vegetable oil, only made it worse. Cant find pres nurse advice line # and I'm not desperate enough to go ER yet. any WORKING solutions to neutralize it please? ice water feels great, but pain returns as soon as I take it out.Jalapeno oil burn help please???
That sucks! That happened to me the first time I made Salsa. There isn't a whole lot you can do. You pretty much named all of the common cures for it. What worked best for me was soaking it in milk. Throw some ice in there to diminish the pain a little. The best thing to do (next time) is not to touch the membrane (vein with all the seeds on it) Nor the seeds. If worst comes to worst use disposable latex gloves. I'm sorry you're going through this. I know how painful it is. Take a fever reducer to see if that helps...like ibuprofen. Good Luck!





P.S don't touch your eyes. Even after you wash your hands, your eyes will burn if you touch them.Jalapeno oil burn help please???
It's so funny, because thats exactly what I did! I slept with my hand in a bowl of ice water. Otherwise I wouldn't have fallen asleep! It was so painful! It should be going away soon. Report Abuse

try going to a dollar store and buy some disposable gloves that would end all your problems
Okay, try this, take cream, sour cream whatever you have that's a thick milk product, mix with a little olive oil and put it on your hands like lotion. Wait a few minutes, rinse with cold water and repeat a couple of times. I know it's time consuming, but it works. Usually, I bite the bullet and wash the hell out of my hands with soap and warm water then rub milk and olive oil on them, but the scrubbing really hurts.
try bread, it helps in your mouth
milk is the thing that i used when this happens to me





definitely dont touch any other parts of your body with that hand
try vinager

No comments:

Post a Comment