Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do i prevent severe scaring from hot oil burns?

After cooking chiko rolls for my brother in the deep fryer, i lifted the basket out and set it on the hook. In doing so, i missed the hook and the basket splashed back into the hot oil @ 200*Celsius. The hot oil splashed up my left hand in blotches and up my wrist to parts of my forearm also. I also experienced small amounts to my upper chest. The most severe burns are to my arm and hand. I automatically placed my entire arm under cool running water for quite some time before applying an ice-pack wrapped in a tea-towel to the area. I had to apply this for a numerous amount of hours. I haven't been to see the doctor as of yet. I have noticed purple-red colouration to one of the burns. I also know for a fact that the burns i have experienced will infact scar. I was wondering if there were any ways of preventing the scaring to my skin. Your help would be much appreciated. It looks as though someone has taked a paintbrush full of paint and thrown dobs and splotches of paint on my arm.How do i prevent severe scaring from hot oil burns?
Vitamin E cream.How do i prevent severe scaring from hot oil burns?
Viatim E, rub it on the scar.
The jobst institute has many solutions to burn problems medically. There are some things you should be aware of that may help. Vitamin E decrease the need for oxygen in the tissue and has been shown to keep burned tissue from scaring because scare tissue forms due to reduced oxygen getting to the tissue. Vitamin E capsules can be opened and the vitamin E put directly onto the tissue and taken internally to help this problem. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that has been used on burn victims for years now.





Hot oil can be much hotter than boiling water and cause very bad burns. The vitamin E will help greatly. It will help keep the skin flexible as well.





Scaring occurs because of this oxygen issue. Keep the vitamin E on and it will greatly reduce or even eliminate the scar tissue from forming.
i was once recommended vitamin E oil - instead of cream, i had a massive scar, and now its pretty much gone, you will need to apply it twice a day if i remember correctly - it is available at the pharmacy and a pharmacist can advise you whenabouts in the healing process it is safe to begin use and how often to apply.
Use cocoa butter and Vitamin E
I got burned by a hot iron once on my leg, it took skin off. I used liquid vitamin E. You'll find it at any store like wal-mart, it in the lotion section. Don't bandage the burns, keep them clean and dry. Apply the vitamin E as many times as you can. (3-4 times a day) I only have a tiny little speck left when it was 2in long. Good Luck
Blondie; i was so sorry to hesr of your accident.





In the good ol' U.S.A. it is easy to buy ';Anti-Freckle Creme';:


it IS your, Answer: believe in it: it takes time, %26amp; constant use.





A cheper, less effective one is: ';Rosken-With Vitamin E';.


I am Scottish [freckled puti. THAT Rosken, worked,


fine for 'blotches' of, quite severe SUN-DAMAGE to my face..


(All, gone now!)
I had the same thing happen to me, but my whole arm slipped into a fry daddy type thing...





I had a burn, and then it turned into a discoloration for about a year or two and the disappeared on its own.


I have no permanent scar on me at all.





You will need time....





There are also these plastic type things you can put on scars that are suppose to help the soften. You can find them at drug store and such.
Get vitamin E oil and apply it to your skin daily. It will help it heal cleanly.

No comments:

Post a Comment